Emergency Dentist Treating Lititz Residents
Patients who have experienced dental emergencies know the pain, stress, and anxiety related to chipped, cracked, and knocked out teeth or soft tissue lacerations. Like any medical emergency, the best way to keep calm and recover quickly during a dental emergency is to plan and prepare in advance. In the Lititz, PA area, the first thing patients should do during a dental emergency is call Mor Smiles. Our skilled dentist and team offer patients the urgent dental care they need to get smiles back on their faces.
The Best Emergency Dentist in Lancaster County
Patients in Lititz and throughout Lancaster County trust Mor Smiles with their families’ dental care, and when it comes to emergency dentistry, our friendly, knowledgeable staff is here to help patients relax and receive the urgent oral health care they need. Dr. Sean Moriarty has extensive training and experience in surgical, reconstructive, and restorative dentistry services. During his doctoral work in dentistry, Dr. Moriarty was a member of the Oral Surgery Honor Society and the President of the Endodontic Honor Society. Since completing his doctoral studies, Dr. Moriarty hasn’t stopped seeking education and training in advanced dental specialties. He has attended the Kois Center in Seattle and the Spear Institute in Scottsdale in addition to leading a local Spear Study Club. With his advanced studies and dedication to lifelong learning, you can trust Dr. Moriarty to renew smiles quickly and effectively in any dental emergency.
Common Dental Emergencies
If you or your loved ones experience one of the more common dental emergencies, review the tips below, and give Mor Smiles a call right away.
- A knocked out tooth – If you’ve knocked out all or part of a tooth, carefully handle the broken tooth by the crown avoiding the sensitive root structure. Clean off with cool water, but do not scrub or apply toothpaste. Rinse your mouth out with warm water, and replace the tooth in the vacated socket. If you are unable to replace the tooth, hold it between your cheek and gums or store in a container of milk, until you reach our office.
- A cracked tooth – The main concern with cracked teeth is ensuring that they remain whole, and that surrounding soft tissue is protected. If cracks threaten to open or a piece of tooth to break off, bite down gently on damp, sterile gauze or clean cloth. If you have access to denture paste or dental wax, applying this to the damaged tooth may be helpful. If your mouth or gums are bleeding, apply pressure to the affected area. Ice or a cold compress also slows blood flow.
- A broken or lost temporary crown – If your temporary restoration is chipped, broken, or falls out, contact us right away. Protect the treated tooth by covering it with damp gauze or cloth. If the temporary crown is whole, use a dab of tooth paste or denture adhesive to replace the crown and protect the tooth until you reach our office. If the restoration is broken, dental wax placed over sharp edges protects your tooth until we can restore the crown.
- A damaged denture or partial – Broken, bent, or otherwise damaged full and partial dentures can usually be repaired in our office, though we may need to send them to a ceramics lab in severe cases. Store your denture in cool water or cleaning solution, and proceed to our office right away.
- A severe toothache – Start by gently brushing and flossing around the area. Toothache is sometimes indicative of foreign material caught between teeth or below the gum line. If brushing and flossing does not alleviate the toothache, gargle warm water, take over the counter pain medication, and give Mor Smiles a call.
Contact us During Your Next Dental Emergency
Are you experiencing a dental emergency? Call Mor Smiles immediately. We try to provide same-day care for truly urgent cases, and offer tips for managing your condition until Dr. Moriarty or another member of our team can see you. We never want any patient to experience distress because of an emergency. Simply give us a call and we’ll do what we can to help you resolve your urgent situation.