Invisalign® – Lititz, PA
The Clear Path to a Straighter Smile
A smile full of straight, beautiful teeth is a powerful thing. It can give you extra confidence as you go about your daily life. Moreover, straight teeth have oral health benefits as well; they can prevent premature wear and tear on your enamel, and they contribute to a comfortable bite. If your teeth are misaligned but you do not want to wear traditional metal braces, Invisalign® in Lititz may be the perfect treatment for you.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign®?
Some of the most outstanding benefits of Invisalign® include:
- The aligners are practically invisible.
- The aligners are removable, allowing you to eat and drink anything you like. Their removability also makes oral hygiene a breeze throughout your treatment period.
- The cost of Invisalign® is comparable to that of traditional braces.
- The average treatment time with Invisalign® is only 12 months (your treatment time may be shorter or longer depending on your much your teeth need to move).
- The aligners are comfortable; there are no metal parts to irritate your lips or cheeks.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
To get your Invisalign® treatment started, we’ll take detailed images and impressions of your teeth. The Invisalign® lab will use that data to create your custom set of aligners. You’ll wear each aligner for 20 – 22 hours each day for two weeks before you move on to the next aligner in the series. As Invisalign® applies gentle, constant pressure to your teeth, they will gradually move into their proper positions. Following your Invisalign® treatment, you’ll need to wear a retainer in order to maintain your beautiful new smile.
How Do I Care for My Invisalign® Aligners?
Here are a few tips to help you keep your aligners in good shape:
- Only drink plain water while you are wearing Invisalign®. Colored beverages, as well as anything that is hot, can warp or stain the aligners.
- After meals, rinse your aligner before you place it back in your mouth.
- Gently clean your aligner each night. You can brush it with a clear, antibacterial soap.
- Keep your aligners in a protective case when you are not wearing them.
- If you ever accidentally lose or damage an aligner, call our office so we can arrange to get a replacement for you.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign®?
Most individuals with mild to moderate orthodontic problems are candidates for Invisalign®. However, young children are not eligible because their mouths are still developing. Individuals who smoke may not be good candidates because tobacco can stain the aligners.
The only way to find out for sure if you are a good candidate for Invisalign® is to schedule a consultation in our office. After we examine your mouth and learn more about your circumstances and personal preferences, we’ll recommend a treatment that will help you achieve your dream smile.