Porcelain Veneers from Your Cosmetic Dentist in Lititz
According to a survey conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 48% of people said smiles were the most memorable thing about people they just met, and the same survey revealed that 37% of people thought those with imperfect smiles were unattractive and 25% thought people with dental flaws were less confident. The same study reflected that online photos on professional networks like Linkedin elicited similar responses, and that people believed a healthy smile meant that the person in the photograph was better educated and more responsible. If you’ve been living with a less than perfect smile, you may be holding yourself back personally and professionally. Make great first impressions and look and feel more confident with smile enhancing cosmetic dentistry services in Lititz, PA from Mor Smiles. Porcelain veneers are one of the most convenient and effective forms of cosmetic dentistry, and these thin, sheaths of dental-grade porcelain have the ability to transform smiles in just two visits.
When to Get Veneers
Veneers are thin sheaths of porcelain that resemble egg shells. By placing them over the fronts of teeth, they conceal numerous smile irregularities while preserving the optimal amount of dental structure. Some of the common reasons patients consider porcelain veneers include:
- Chipped, cracked or broken teeth – in lieu of a full dental crown that may necessitate the removal of a large amount of healthy dental structure, porcelain veneers provide the stability needed while making smiles look great.
- Severe staining – deep-set stains caused by tetracycline medications or fluorosis are often not responsive to teeth whitening or deep bleaching. In this case, veneers may be a great option to make teeth look pearly white again, and the stain-resistant porcelain keeps teeth looking great.
- Minor orthodontic irregularities – teeth that are slightly crooked or unevenly spaced may not look perfect, but if patients don’t otherwise experience oral health concerns from misaligned teeth or bite, undergoing orthodontic treatment may seem like more trouble than it’s worth. Porcelain veneers effectively conceal aesthetic concerns while allowing patients to avoid extensive orthodontic care.
The Porcelain Veneers Process
Veneers are quick and pain less to place. Once patients determine that porcelain veneers are the best option to correct their smiles, a small amount of surface enamel is removed to allow the veneer to rest in line with the natural smile. Dental x-rays, images, and bite impressions are taken following dental preparation and sent to a lab where the custom veneer is milled. Before leaving this initial appointment, patients receive a temporary veneer that is worn until the custom restoration is complete. Once we receive the final veneer, patients return to exchange the temporary for the permanent veneer. Patients experience little to no discomfort during or after the procedure, and are typically able to resume daily activities as soon as numbness wears off.
Benefits of Veneers Include:
- Minimally invasive
- Retain optimal natural tooth structure
- Conceal and correct numerous smile flaws with one treatment
Find out More at Mor Smiles
Dr. Sean Moriarty and his skilled dental team in Lancaster County, invite you to schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation today. If you’re interested in finding out more about porcelain veneers or any of our other cosmetic, restorative, or preventive dentistry services, contact the friendly Lititz dentistry team at Mor Smiles.