Teeth Whitening for Lititz and Lancaster
One of the most popular and easiest smile-enhancing treatments available from Dr. Moriarty, your cosmetic dentist in Lititz, is teeth whitening. But teeth whitening does so much more than just give you a bright smile. There are numerous other advantages too. For example, having a whiter smile can boost your self-confidence and make you more comfortable when interacting with other people. After all, how you look influences how you feel about yourself. Teeth whitening also creates a more attractive, youthful and energetic appearance, as well. In fact, a whiter smile reduces the appearance of facial wrinkles. And researchers have discovered that people with white teeth are considered to be friendlier, more out-going, more successful and even wealthier than people whose smiles are dingy and stained.
If you are ready to enjoy all of the advantages of a whiter smile, then consider KoR teeth whitening at Mor Smiles. With KoR in-office teeth whitening, you’ll have a smile that is seven to nine shades whiter and brighter in just about an hour. That’s all the time that’s need to take your smile from drab to fab!
Although there are number of over-the-counter whitening treatments available at your grocery store or pharmacy—special whitening toothpastes and whitening strips—you won’t achieve the same degree of whiteness as we do at Mor Smiles with KoR whitening. KoR contains a higher concentration of hydrogen peroxide, the ingredient in any whitening gel that removes stains and discoloration from:
- Coffee, tea, red wine, cola, berries, tomato sauce and other darkly colored beverages and foods
- Smoking and chewing tobacco, which both contain nicotine that can cause staining deep within teeth
- The natural and unavoidable aging process that makes the slight gray, yellow or brown color of our teeth more pronounced
- Fluorosis, which causes spotting on teeth as a result of ingesting too much fluoride when teeth are developing
- The antibiotic tetracycline, which grays teeth if taken during childhood
- A traumatic injury that darkens teeth
- Teeth grinding and clenching, which can darken the biting surfaces of your teeth
Teeth Whitening at Mor Smiles
We’ve found that teeth whitening is more effective on teeth that have been cleaned and have had plaque and tartar removed. So, the best time to schedule your KoR teeth whitening appointment is soon after one of your regular dental checkups. We will create custom application trays, and whitening agent to use daily for two weeks. Once the two weeks are over, then you will return to Mor Smiles for a final in-office treatment that allows you to achieve the whiter smile you have always wanted!
To prevent sensitivity, Dr. Moriarty may want to apply a fluoride treatment after whitening. And to help maintain your white smile, we’ll be happy to give you custom trays and whitening gel that you can use occasionally at home. Just fill the trays and wear them according to Dr. Moriarty’s instructions and you’ll see a whiter and brighter smile for many years.